The countdown to our new indoor season is under way. It all clicks off at 7.45pm on Wednesday 27 September. Drop us an email if you'd like to be on our news mailing list.

Image of the Month: January 2013

Here, members tell the story behind a photo. This month's submission, That's My Boy, comes from Karen Noble.

That's My Boy by Karen Noble.


My inspiration is pretty simple ... I love to photograph newborns and babies and this little guy was three months old.

He has the most incredible eyes and super long eyelashes and I knew that a shot with his dad (with his rugged good looks) would make for excellent contrast between the two.

I had to stand on my tippy-toes to capture the shot as the dad is quite tall.  But when the baby looked dead-pan down the lens, I knew I had a great shot.

This, by far, is one of my best to date. I turned the photo black and white simply because I felt that, with those eyes staring right at you, the viewer might get distracted with the two different skin colours.  Black and white felt like the obvious choice. It was taken with my Nikon D700, 50mm lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For event notices, adopt the following format:

Saturday 29 June 2016: brief event details with web address.

Keep comments succinct. Comments are moderated. Anonymous suggestions will not be accepted.