We're still enroling. Drop in one Wednesday evening at 7.45pm. Drop us an email if you'd like to be on our news mailing list.

A great loss: Steve Moull

Lasting legacy: Steve Moull.
The club is saddened by the news that Steve Moull, who was a past chairman and its secretary for several years until February 2014, has died after a year-long illness.

Steve worked tirelessly to provide a stimulating environment in which local photography lovers could discuss their hobby and gain encouragement to take it further.

Club chairman Richard Bryant paid tribute to his outstanding commitment to the club. 

He added: "Steve could always be relied upon to offer fine words of encouragement for any club member and I have missed the warmth of his smile on a Wednesday evening at the club ever since he first fell ill.

"He was a truly lovely man and will be sorely missed."

Steve's funeral service was held at Stonefall cemetery on Friday 20 March 2015.

8 comments:

  1. Steve was a great guy. He cared so much about the club and its members. He was a nurturer, a sharer and exemplified at all times the qualities that make our club so special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve worked tirelessly to make sure Camera Club ran and ran, he was tactful, patient, friendly and humble, even in the face of some difficult people who came and went. He was never fazed and he listened carefully too. He has left many unfinished things behind, photo projects, holiday plans, conversations. I'm so sad he's gone too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. During our long association and friendship with Steve and his family we enjoyed their hospitality on our way to Scotland one year and returned the compliment when he visited Relatives in Cornwall, taking home walking sticks I made for him and Ann. He helped enormously to arrange and promote our annual slide battle and made an easy transition into the digital era and on to a triple competition with the addition of Peterhead club. This year's event final will be tinged with sadness as the final round is judged tomorrow evening but I hope will continue as a mark of respect to Steve and his efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only knew Steve for two Club meetings, they were my first two visits to the church hall - and he made me so welcome. - thank you Steve
    RIP
    John Sonley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve always had a warm smile and a greeting for everybody and put people at their ease. I am sad to hear the news about Steve, but glad that I have had the chance to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard the sad news about Steve in an email from Anne. I felt that I had to write a few words to KCC.It has been a sad few weeks with passing of Keith Thomasson and now Steve. KCC was a huge part of my life from the late 80's until 2001 when my husband and I moved onto our narrowboat. I had been secretary for 10 years. There probably isn't anyone who remembers me - but I will never forget all of my good friends from those days. I would like to send my deepest condolences to you all. Much Love from Jenn Thornell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was sad to hear the news about Steve . He made me feel very welcome when I first joined the club .He was a genuine warm person . Will be sadly missed. R.I.P.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sad loss, Steve was such a great leader with so much knowledge and enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete

For event notices, adopt the following format:

Saturday 29 June 2016: brief event details with web address.

Keep comments succinct. Comments are moderated. Anonymous suggestions will not be accepted.